Monday 21 March 2016

Perfect day

So yesterday afternoon I sneaked up to the Grenoside Reading Rooms early to drop off my bara brith for the surprise tea party and preps were well underway . . .
 Sister and friend working hard
But there was still time for a walk and a blast of fresh air before getting my gladrags on - so I headed on up the hill for that quick "top of my world" feeling.

And this tune often pops into my head when the sun shines unexpectedly and I'm feeling reflective - take a listen while you climb up to St Helena with me

lovely to see the 'spring has sprung' evidence on the village green
and down the hill
to the party venue
I was soon out of my jeans and suitably scrubbed up for afternoon tea
as were the workers!!
so enjoy the party with us - afternoon tea at it's best
the star of the show
and her lovely daughter
friends galore
candles to light
bottles to uncork
speeches to cheer
candles to blow out
hugs
smiles
cake cutting
and final farewells
after a happy, joyful afternoon
HaPpY bIrThDaY mEgAn

and so say all of us

X X X X X X X X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment