Tuesday 8 May 2012

to the wild mountain thyme

SATURDAY NIGHT - Six arrive at Ardness

These are my first shots of Mull on Saturday evening as we drove across to our Bed and Breakfast, Ardness House, in the Ross of Mull just outside Bunessan.  The wilderness and stark beauty hit us the moment we turned left off the boat.




then we could suddenly see the wild Atlantic



and the 'pinch me I must be dreaming' view from our front door at Ardness House, with that incredible mountain across the loch


and the warm welcome from Gillian and the amazing meal waiting for us, beef from the farm and rhubarb picked that day, cemented Vince's perfect choice of our base for the week.  Read my Tripadvisor review (click here) if you don't believe me!!



And after dinner the sunset lingered all around our farmlands til almost midnight, so the sleepy six went to bed and set their alarms for Sunday breakfast and the boat to Iona . . .


and finally, to serenade you all to sleep, here's the haunting song I can't get out of my head, so beautifully sung by Joan Baez (who we saw last year - and she still has that amazing voice)



Night night

Tomorrow we sail over to Iona just click here to read on


No comments:

Post a Comment